My vanilla cream cheese cupcakes are out of this world! They are moist, fluffy and mouthwatering. They are the most delicious treat when freshly baked, iced with cream cheese and eaten right away. They are light and maybe after eating two of them your tummy will be satisfied. You will love this dessert that can be made for any occasion. They are great for birthday parties, weddings, baby showers, holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, Eid Mubarak, Naw Ruz, Ayyam-i-ha, Easter, St. Patricks day, Valentines day, Mothers Day, Fathers day and the list goes on. So hurry get in your kitchen and start baking these incredibly tasting cupcakes that are so easy to make. Here is a picture of what we are going to make.
This recipe uses cream cheese frosting, but you can also decorate with fresh whip cream, chocolate whip cream, butter cream, chocolate ganache and other frostings. If you want to try these other frostings, please look for the recipes on my YouTube Channel and this website.
Here is the step by step video demonstration. Below is the ingredients and written instructions.
Vanilla cupcake Ingredients:
3 extra large eggs
3/4 cup sugar (1 cup for a more sweet taste)
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups cake flour (or 2 cups minus 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Cream cheese frosting ingredients:
1 cup or 2 sticks of butter
1 pound or 16 oz cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cup powder sugar (add more for a sweeter taste). Make sure to sift the powder sugar.
Cup cake pan
Cup cake liners
Stand mixer with paddle head
Ice cream scooper or spoon
Sprinkles for decoration
Food coloring of your choice
Step by step instructions:
1. Add butter and sugar to your stand mixer with a paddle head and beat first on low speed and then gradually increase speed so they become well incorporated. Stop mixing occasionally and scrape in the sides of the the bowl as you add your ingredients. Once the butter and sugar become fluffy and well incorporated add your eggs. At this time turn your oven on to 375 F.
2. Now add your heavy whipping cream, milk, and vanilla one by one and mix on low speed. Add your baking powder and baking soda to your cake flour and mix well. Now add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients slowly and mix on low speed then increase speed so it is well incorporated. Don't over beat, just enough so everything is blended well.
3. Take an ice cream scooper and pour batter into lined cupcake pan. Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way up. Now place the cupcake tray in the center of your oven to bake. It will bake approximately 23 minutes or so depending on your oven.
4. When you stick a tooth pick in the cupcake it should come out clean and then you can take out your cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool. Now you are ready to make your cream cheese icing or frosting.
5. Make sure your butter and cream cheese is at room temperature before adding into the mixing bowl. Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces so that it mixes easier. To make the cream cheese icing, first beat the butter in your stand mixer with a paddle head so it becomes soft and fluffy. Then add your cream cheese to the butter and mix them together so they are well incorporated. Start on low speed and increase your speed gradually. Now add your vanilla extract and mix. Then add your powder sugar that you have sifted little by little on low speed so it won't splash. Gradually increase the speed so it is well incorporated and you may also stop the mixer to scrape the sides of your bowl into the center.
6. At this point you may even add food coloring to the icing to decorate for a special occasion or event. Since it is the Christmas holiday we will add red food coloring to the icing. Try a green food coloring for St. Patricks day or an orange food coloring for Halloween or Thanksgiving time. You can add little by little to get the desired color you wish and then mix. If you want to also have the natural white color icing you can take half of it out of your mixing bowl and save on the side while adding food coloring to the other half in the mixing bowl.
7. For decorating these vanilla cupcakes, you will need a pastry bag and pastry tips of your choice. Just fill your pastry bag with a spatula about half way and twist and squeeze and apply steady pressure to get the icing on the cupcakes evenly. You can then add sprinkles of your choice and decorate as you wish. You can use a star, flower, round or French tips to decorate with. Refer to my video or pictures below for ideas if you wish.
Your vanilla cream cheese cupcakes are now ready to eat and look not only amazing but taste out of this world. They are soft, moist and scrumptious, enjoy your vanilla cream cheese cupcakes and happy holidays!