In this delicious puff pastry dessert I put raspberry preserves, walnuts, and coconuts and then a twist and its ready to be baked. It is a rich tasting pastry dessert and very satisfying for your palate and stomach. It's great to serve at any parties or occasions, but makes a great treat during the holiday seasons. The sweetness of the raspberries and coconuts will satisfy your sweet tooth, the walnuts give it a crunchy taste and the puff pastry is crispy, flaky and fluffy with every bite! You will love this dessert that is so easy to make and so delicious!
Here is the video demonstration followed by step by step instructions.
One sheet of puff pastry dough
1/2 cup Rasperry preserves
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut sweetened
Serving size: Makes eight (8) individual twists.
1. Turn on your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degress celsius.
2. First take some all purpose flour and sprinkle it on your working space so your puff pastry dough does not stick to your working space.
3. Lay out your puff pastry dough on the sprinkled flour. Take your thawed puff pastry dough and sprinkle some flour on it and with a rolling pin, roll it out so it is elongated.
4. Next apply your raspberry preserves to your puff pastry dough with your spatula. Cover the entire surface with the raspberry preserve.
5. Now sprinkle your chopped walnuts on top of the raspberries. You can chop your walnuts with a sharp knife on a cutting board.
6. Now add your shredded coconuts on top of the chopped walnuts and raspberry preserves.
7. Fold the pastry dough with all toppings in half. Press gently down on top so you get it to stick together.
8. Cut strips of about one inch wide (2.54 cm) with a pizza cutter (preferred) or knife.
9. Now take each one inch strip, twist using both hands and then place on parchment paper or silpat. It should fit on one half sheet tray making approximately 8 raspberry twists.
10. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and enjoy. Always check about 5 minutes before the end to see if you need additional time or leave it longer in the oven.
This pastry dessert is very unique and amazingly delicious. It can be served for any occasion and it goes well with tea or coffee. It is a very filling and satisfying treat with a combination of nuts, fruits and flaky pastry dough. With every mouth watering sweet gourmet bite of the raspberry twist a smile of enjoyment lights up on your face. Enjoy!