Its the season for pumpkin desserts and these cup cakes are scrumptiously delicious. I love pumpkin that is why I decided to make cupcakes that have a a pumpkin flavor with chocolate chip and cream cheese icing. These cupcakes have no oil or butter in them but are very moist and delicious. Have fun making this great recipe for the holiday seasons or any other occasions.
Here are the video demonstration, ingredients, equipment and step by step directions.
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup yogurt
1 can pumpkin pure
1 & 1/2 smashed bananas
3 cups or chopped oats
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tbsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Baking soda
2 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
Cream cheese icing Ingredients:
16 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups of powder sugar
several drops of orange food coloring
Large and small mixing bowls
Small food processor
Ice cream scooper or spoon
Pastry bag and pastry tip (medium star)
STEP BY STEP RECIPE:
Preheat your oven to 350F (176C).
1. First mix all your wet ingredients. Add your eggs to the small mixing bowl and with your wire whisk mix together.
2. Add the vanilla to the eggs and mix.
3. Add your sugar to the eggs and mix.
4. Then add your yogurt and mix.
5 Add your pumpkin Puree and mix.
6. Add your bananas and mix.
7. Now in your large bowl, add your dry ingredients - chopped oats, chopped walnuts, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and mini chocolate chips. Mix all dry ingredients together.
8. Add your wet ingedients to the dry ingredients and mix them until they are well incorporated.
9. Now take your ice cream scooper and scoop out the batter and place it in the cupcake liners. Fill them almost to the top.
Your oven by now should be preheated for about 20 minutes on 350F (176C).
10. Bake for about 20 minutes.
11. Let the cupcakes cool and now put your cream cheese frosting on the cupcakes. Refer to my home made carrot cake recipe to make the cream cheese icing.
12. Using a pastry bag and a medium size star pastry tip apply the cream cheese icing to the cup cakes.
13. Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of the icing for the final decorations.
Your pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are ready to eat! Enjoy! Here are some pictures of my delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes.