Rich delicious double chocolate mini cupcakes satisfies everyone's craving for chocolate! Children and adults can enjoy these mini cupcakes! It's the perfect size for kids, easy to hold and bite, and very little crumb mess. What can be a better dessert than these double chocolate mini cup cakes. The cake is moist and the chocolate whipping cream melts in your mouth. So let's get to it and make these delicious cup cakes!
Here is the video demonstration followed by the detailed list of ingredients, equipment and step by step directions.
3 eggs at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (liquid)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder (high quality brand)
Chocolate whip cream frosting ingredients:
2 cups whipping cream
3 large tablespoons of powder sugar
3 to 6 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate coco powder depending on how rich you desire.
Mini cup cake pan (little bigger than the usual mini)
Cup cake liners (little bigger than the usual mini)
Stand mixer with paddle head
Ice cream scooper or spoon
Sprinkles for decoration
Step by step instructions:
1. Add butter and sugar to your stand mixer with a paddle head and beat first on low speed and then gradually increase speed so they become well incorporated. Stop mixing occasionally and scrape in the sides of the the bowl as you add your ingredients. Once the butter and sugar become fluffy and well incorporated add your eggs. At this time turn your oven on to 375 F.
2. Now add your heavy whipping cream, milk, and vanilla one by one and mix on low speed. Add your sifted unsweetened coco powder, baking powder and baking soda to your cake flour and mix well. Now add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients slowly and mix on low speed then increase speed so it is well incorporated. Don’t over beat, just enough so everything is blended well.
3. Take an ice cream scooper and pour batter into mini lined cupcake pan. Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way up. Now place the cupcake tray in the center of your oven to bake. It will bake approximately 20 minutes or so depending on your oven.
4. When you stick a tooth pick in the cupcake it should come out clean and then you can take out your cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool. Now you are ready to make your chocolate whip cream.
5. Make your whip cream and add your powder sugar to the whip cream once it has become half way firm then add your unsweetened chocolate coco powder. Depending on how rich you want your chocolate whip cream filling you can control the amount of tablespoons you add of the coco powder. Please refer to my website on how to make fresh chocolate whipping cream if you have never done this. Click here for the link.
Decorating with the chocolate whip cream you have made: Use a pastry bag with a medium star tip to decorate. You can also use any type or size of pastry tip that you wish. Then add your choice of sprinkles on top and refrigerate if you are not eating right away. Enjoy this delicious rich double chocolate taste.