This home made carrot cake with a delicious cream cheese frosting will become one of your favorite desserts! I love a great tasting carrot cake that is not too heavy and bloating to the stomach. As you know I am all about light, great tasting, and healthy desserts, and this cake batter has no oil or butter in it but taste amazing! Enjoy!
Here are the video demonstration, ingredients, equipment and step by step directions.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla (for the cake batter)
1 cup pineapple crushed
3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 Table spoons baking powder
1 Table spoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup apple sauce
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups chopped carrots
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 ounces of cream cheese
8 ounces of butter
2 cups of powder sugar
Coconut oil spray
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (for cream cheese icing)
A rectangular glass dish and an 8 inch round cake pan
A small and large mixing bowl or a stand mixer with wipping head and paddle head
Small food processor
Pastry bag and tip (french tip)
Jug for water
STEP BY STEP RECIPE:
1. First take your eggs and put it in your stand mixer or a regular mixing bowl and mix.
2. Added your vanilla extract then continue to mix on low speed.
3. Next add your sugar and mix until it is well incorporated.
4. Now add apple sauce, crushed pineapple, carrots.
5. In a bowl combine all of your dry ingredients: all purpose flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and chopped walnuts.
6. mix all your dry ingredients together with a hand whisk or spatula.
7. Now add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix on low speed until well incorporated.
8. Spray your coconut oil spray onto your pans and pour your carrot cake mixture in the two pans 3/4 full.
9. Tap your pans a few times to even out the batter.
10. Your oven should now be at 350 degrees its good to preheat it for 15 minutes or more.
11. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes then stick a toothpick in the cake to see if it comes out clean or not. If clean then your carrot cake is ready if not clean add a few more minutes.
12. Allow the cake to cool and then decorate with cream cheese icing or frosting.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING STEP BY STEP:
1. Make sure your butter is at room temperature. place it in your mixing bowl and start to blend with the paddle head.
2. Now add your cream cheese to the butter and mix at low speed and gradually increasing the speed so the butter and cream cheese are well incorporated.
3. Now add your vanilla 1 table spoon and mix.
4. Final step is your powder sugar. Once it is added mix at low speed then gradually increase speed so it is well incorporated.
5. Now you can decorate your home made carrot cake. You can decorate it how ever way you like.
6. To make a different color like orange icing I use food coloring. I used 5 drops of yellow to 1 drop of red.
7. You can now use your pastry bag and french pastry tip to decorate or just a spatula.
8. Use your jug to fill up hot water and dip your spatula in it then shake off the droplets of water. This will help you smooth out the cake like shown in the video.
Enjoy your home made carrot cake!